12 November 2012

Good-bye to Momo



We sent our cat, Momo to heaven today. He had been with us for 14 years. He had a kidney failure. I just could not afford the treatment and knew that it was time for me to let him go.

We moved to North Carolina in 1998, and I was pregnant at the time . One day I met this curious orange cat. He was actually my neighbor's cat. He came to my door step everytime I came to the door in the morning. I started feeding him outside for a few days, move the bowl closer and closer to our door. Then one day I invited him inside of our house and kept him ever since.

My neighbor had another cat and dog and did not seem to care. I named "Momo" which means "Peach" in Japanese. He kept me company when my husband had to work for night shift.

Momo was very healthy and did not give us any problem. He was very calm and friendly but did not like children much. He always came to our bed and slept between us at night.

I hope he had a happy life with us.

Last couple of days, I could tell he did not feel good. Since our doctor has already talked to us about putting him down. We decided today was the day.

Momo was excited in the car on the way to the vet. He was by the window and looking around.
Yes, it was a heart-breaking to let him go.

After a few min when he received the 1st shot, he was leaning to my husband arm. We laid him down on his blanket, but his eyes were opened. We told him how much we loved him. And when the doctor gave him the second shot, it only took a min or two until his heart stopped. He was gone.

Momo was a trooper.

He weight was 15 lbs last year. Today he only  weigh 7 lbs.


We love you, Momo. We will see you in heaven.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Template by June Lily