19 November 2012

Meet Yuko



I was born and raised in Northern part of Japan. I was raised in a very traditional Japanese family. 



I wore my 1st wedding dress when I was 6. My marriage was arranged by Japanese tradition. Uh...just kidding. It was a school play.



I went off to college and lived away from my parent but somehow I ended up with a traditional Women's University in Tokyo. There were so many rules and regulations to follow.


And I decided to stay 2 more years to work there as a dorm manager to save money for my future. Let me tell you, it was painful to live with so many women. I could not wait to get out of my 2-year contract.


  
I used my out-going personality and not so good English skill to work for a German bank for several months, then I was hired as an administrative assistant for TMO at Yokota Air Base in Tokyo. In my 20s, I worked and played hard like there was no tomorrow.

I met my husband when I was 27 through my roommate. We got married 2 years later and move to his hometown in North Carolina.



My hometown, Rikuzentakata (Iwate Prefecture) was destroyed by Tsunami in March 11, 2011 but my parents and brother survived. My father is on the right in the picture below. Admit it, I do have a nice looking family.



I have two boys who once wanted to become next "Jona's Brother". Well, they are now 13 and 10 and realized that they need a backup plan for their future other than singing.




Comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Template by June Lily